Tired and sad peepers seem to be the best narrator of your super hectic schedule. Tons of office work to meet deadlines, binge-watching your favorite Netflix series, or weekend sleepovers, amidst all this you don't get time for under-eye skin care. Every time when you look at the mirror your tired eyes remind you to do something to perk your dull under-eye skin. Temporary solutions like concealers might help to hide the dark circle under your eyes, but they fail when it comes to getting rid of under-eye bags. Constantly struggling to perk up tired eyes implicit the feelings of unhappiness. We know right now you must be pondering over how to perk up your tired eyes in today's time when you spend most of the time on electronic devices. Put your worries here! There are numerous effective and gentle ways to soothe and refresh the under eyes skin.
Perk up your tired eyes with these gives tips
- Apply a cold compress
- Try a nourishing under eye cream
- Use potato slices
- Take breaks from screens
- Reduce salt intake
1. Apply a cold compress
Cold compress is a quick fix to relieve tension in your fatigued eyelids. Placing the cold compress over your eyes helps to relax muscles and improve blood circulation to perk up tired eyes. This is also an easy home remedy to get rid of puffy eyes.
Ingredients you need
- Ice cubes
- Clean cloth
Directions to use
- Wrap ice cubes in a clean cloth and place it on your eyelids for 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat it a few more times after specific intervals.
2. Try a nourishing under eye cream
Board-certified dermatologist, Dr. Aseem Sharma explains that lack of moisture and hydration is the one of prime causes of damaged and dull skin around eyes. It is good to use an under eye cream that contains gentle and nourishing ingredients if you are dealing with puffy eyes, dark circles, or crow's feet. Many research studies have claimed that diligent use of an ideal under eye skin care product can help to plump and tone the delicate skin around eyes. Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract and hyaluronic acids are considered one of the best ingredients to look for in an under eye cream. An extra dose of collagen-boosting and hydrating ingredients are quite helpful in minimizing the appearance of eye bags , crow’s feet, and dark spots.
3. Use potato slices
If you are desperately looking for an answer - “how to get rid of tired eyes and dark circles”. You must know this well-known home remedy to attain flawless under-eye areas. Potatoes contain an enzyme called catecholase which helps to brighten the delicate skin around eyes. It is also a good source of vitamin A, C, and B3 (niacin) which helps to nourish and rejuvenate the skin underneath eyes.
Ingredients you need
Directions to use
- Keep a properly washed potato in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Take out the chilled potato and cut it into thin slices.
- Cover your eyes with these slices for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off your eyes with normal water.
4. Take breaks from screens
Your dark circles may be the result of long working hours on your computer screen. Too much exposure to the light reflected from the screen can also cause dull, dark, and pigmented under eyes skin. In tech-savvy times, it is impossible to live without electronic gadgets. The best solution is, you can prevent damage to skin around eyes by taking small breaks from your laptop and finding diversions to reduce phone addiction.
5. Reduce salt intake
Too much intake of salt contributes to fluid retention in the body, which ultimately manifests into puffy eyes. According to skin care experts, cutting back on salt intake can help to get rid of undereye puffiness.
Your daily habits and under-eye skin care go hand in hand: say no to these daily habits
- Avoid alcohol as it is diuretic in nature; it results in severe dehydration in the body particularly around your eyes.
- Refraining from smoking is an important anti-aging tip for your eyes. Toxins present in smoke destroy collagen and elastin proteins, which are held responsible for firm skin.
- Replace junk food with a healthy and nutritious diet. Antioxidant enriched helps to keep your skin naturally glowing and healthy.
- Avoid washing your face with hot water as it can strip natural skin oils very quickly. This leads to extra dry skin and premature aging around the eyes.
- The eye makeup you wear attracts environmental toxins and impurities into your skin. When you sleep with makeup on, all debris penetrates into skin layers to damage collagen.
The skin around the eyes is much thinner than the rest of the face which makes it more prone to developing wrinkles and signs of ageing. That’s why it becomes of utmost importance to keep your under-eye skin nourished and hydrated. Long story short, pampering is the only way to youthful, brighter, and beautiful eyes. So, upgrade your eye skincare routine today and thank us later.
No matter whether it is cloudy or sunny outside, slathering sunscreen is important. It protects the exposed skin including under eyes area from the harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun. Exposure to UV rays triggers melanin production in the body which in turn appears on your face and under eyes skin in the form of pigmentation and dark spots. Always apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen half an hour before stepping out to stay protected from UV rays.