Best Home Remedies For Dry And Damaged Hair
Are you often left wondering what caused your hair to turn dry and damaged even after taking all measures and precautions? The journey from healthy and shiny tresses to dry and damaged hair can be quite devastating. It not only affects your appearance and hair health but also makes you feel self-conscious. A 2015 study revealed that various harsh chemicals, heating tools, medications, hot climate are some of the main culprits resulting in dry and damaged hair. Similarly, another study has stated that dry and damaged hair can be a result of sun damage and excessive washing. We understand that the countless possibilities of factors behind your ongoing worry must have left you feeling overwhelmed. However, keep your worries at bay as we have enlisted the perfect solution for you.
EFFECTIVE HAIR REMEDIES
- Frequent champi sessions
- DIY eggs shampoo
- Conditioning with olive oil
- Rinse in black tea
- Coconut hair mask
1. Frequent champi sessions
A study conducted by the International Journal of Trichology explains that oil plays a vital role in maintaining the health of your manes and protecting them from any damage. Regular hot oil champi sessions are one of the best scalp exercises to boost the supply of nutrients to hair follicles. Research conducted by board-certified dermatologist Doris Day confirms that hot oil treatments help to protect your manes from any physical damage or friction. Moreover, regular champi sessions help to provide nourishment to each hair strand and cuticles, thus curbing dry and damaged tresses. Most fitting oil for a champi session is almond oil. It hydrates your locks while adding extra shine to them.
How to use it?
- Add half cup of almond oil in a bowl.
- Warm the oil in a microwave or a stove but make sure it doesn’t boil.
- Apply the almond oil from the top of your scalp to the tips and massage it will.
- Let it sit for an hour before washing it away.
- Repeat this process thrice a week for amazing results.
2. DIY eggs shampoo
Enriched with amino acids, protein and vitamins, eggs make a perfect solution to cure your dry and damaged hair effectively at-home. It helps to keep your manes soft, shiny and nourished. In addition, numerous hair specialists state that eggs help to strengthen your hair strands while protecting from against any dryness, sun damage, environmental pollution etc. It is wise to acknowledge that excess protein may damage your hair health. So, over-using this remedy may cause more harm than good to your scalp and hair. It is why you should consider using this natural eggs shampoo at least once a month for best results.
How to use it?
- Crack open 2 eggs in a bowl and whisk it properly.
- Apply the solution from your scalp to the length of your manes.
- Allow it to dry for 30 minutes before rinsing it away.
3. Conditioning with olive oil
Studies show that olive oil contains anti-inflammatory properties in abundance. It is known to fortify the hair strands while elevating scalp health if used religiously. What’s more, the healthy fats and vitamins present in olive oil make it an incredible remedy to cure dry and damaged hair. The endless number of healthy nutrients present in olive oil helps to soften and nourish your tresses.
How to use it?
- Pour one tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl.
- Massage the oil on your scalp and the length of your hair with fingertips.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and let the oil sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse away the oil with water.
4. Rinse in black tea
Did you know that black tea is known as a wonderful remedy to repair damaged hair? Yes, you heard it right. Moreover, rinsing your hair with black tea helps to strengthen your hair strands while preventing any hair loss. A 2017 research analysis enclosed that black tea also helps to stimulate hair growth by increasing blood flow in your scalp.
How to use it?
- Prepare 1 cup of black tea.
- Pour the tea in a bowl and let it rest.
- Once the tea is room temperature, pour it gently onto your scalp and the length of your hair.
- Cover your manes with a shower cap and let it sit for 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
5. Coconut oil hair mask
Dry and damaged hair requires a good dose of nourishment and hydration to bring back healthy and shiny hair. This is where the need for coconut oil arises. Top trichologists proclaim that coconut oil is an excellent ingredient to treat dry and damaged hair. Applying coconut hair oil as a weekly mask allows your tresses to reap the nutrients present in coconut oil. Furthermore, according to various groundwork presented by top trichologists, it is proven that coconut oil helps to keep the dryness and dullness at bay while preventing frizziness.
How to use it?
- Pour 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in a bowl.
- Gently massage the oil to your scalp and hair shaft.
- Let it rest for 40 minutes before washing it off.
- Repeat this natural remedy once every week for best results.
IMPORTANT TIPS TO CONSIDER
These home remedies will certainly help to cure your dry and damaged hair. However, in order to ensure optimum scalp and hair health, it is imperative to follow essential tips and ways. These tips will ensure hair safety while helping you achieve your hair goals.
- Always wrap your wet hair in cotton short or a cotton towel post-shower to prevent any damage to your manes.
- Consume nutrient and vitamin-rich diet for optimum hair health.
- Avoid keeping your hair tied up all day long. Instead, allow your tresses to flow down your shoulders. It helps to prevent excessive breakage of hair.
- Refrain from using any harsh chemicals or heating tools on your scalp or tresses.
- Protect your scalp and hair from sun damage by wearing a scarf, bandana or hat during peak hours of the day.
Numerous hair specialists state that abandoning a proper hair care routine does more harm than good to your mane. It tends to make your hair and scalp frizzy, oily, dull and prone to excessive hair loss. Whereas, following a proper hair care regimen religiously helps to prevent any hair woes while ensuring hair safety. To receive the best results, always make sure to determine your hair type and examine the ingredients present in hair care products before investing in them. Studies show that Hydrolysed pea protein and Murumuru seed butter are key ingredients to treat dry and damaged hair. These incredible ingredients help to repair dry and damaged manes while lending a protective layer to your tresses.