Best Scalp Exercises For Hair Growth
Who wouldn’t love to hear the compliment “such a beautiful hair”? Not only girls but boys also feel immense pleasure when their hair is groomed. Everything else just seems less significant when your hair looks perfect. One day out of nowhere hair loss surprises you and leaves you wondering the cause behind thinning. Nothing could be more painful than experiencing rapid hair loss each day. Hair loss not only robs you off your smile but also undermines your confidence and self-worth.
If you find yourself stuck in this situation, then it's time to stop feeling burdened with the weight of negative emotions. Luckily, there are numerous ways that can help stop thinning and regaining the voluminous tresses. Even various research studies have claimed that scalp exercises encourage hair growth by stimulating the blood flow to hair follicles. Isn’t it awesome to attain a voluminous mane without spending a fortune?
Best scalp exercises
- Circular massage
- Side scalp maneuver
- Shodhan Pranayama (Alternate Nostril Breathing)
- Inversion method
- Upside Down Washing
1. Circular massage
Circular massage of the scalp is an old age secret followed by Indian women to attain healthy tresses. It is a great way to improve the blood circulation to your hair follicles. Massaging your scalp regularly, for a few mixtures not only helps to improve the hair growth but also helps to arrest any hair loss.
How to do it?
- You can use any of these oils like joboba oil, coconut or almond oil, olive oil, castor oil, amla oil etc.
- Use your fingertips to massage your scalp in a circular motion.
- Concentrate on massaging your scalp area instead of your hair.
- Start with clockwise motions for the first 5 minutes.
- Reverse the direction and work in counter-clockwise circular motions for the next two minutes.
2. Side scalp maneuver
Are you constantly worrying about how to reduce the hair fall and increase hair growth? Start with this scalp relaxation technique to boost your hair growth. This involves stretching and relaxing the muscles in your head.
How to do it?
- Sit on a chair and place your hands on the side of your head.
- Make sure your palm should be above your ears.
- Don’t interlock your fingers.
- Keep the palms fixed to the scalp and then slowly begin to move forward and backward.
- Repeat this a few times.
3. Nadi shodhan Pranayama (Alternate Nostril Breathing)
A cross-sectional study published in International Journal of Advanced Research has claimed the prevalence of hair loss in people having moderate to high stress. After considering that stress and hair loss are linked to each other, it is very important to manage your anxiety levels.
For those who are combating stress-induced hair loss, Nadi shodhan Pranayama is considered an effective yoga asana to boost hair growth. Even various research studies demonstrate the benefits of alternate nostril breathing for nourishing your hair strands.
How to do it?
- Sit comfortably in a neat and clean place.
- Place the index and middle finger in between your eyebrows.
- Close your right nostril with your thumb and inhale from the left nostril.
- Hold the breath and close your left nostril with your ring finger.
- Exhale from the right nostril.
- Do it vice versa for at least 5 minutes.
4. Upside Down Washing
You will be surprised to know that rectifying your shower habits can also assist in hair growth. Shampooing your hair upside down improves circulation and prevents hair loss.
How to do it?
- Flip your hair forward.
- Apply an anti-hair fall shampoo on your scalp.
- Rinse it off with water properly.
- For additional benefits, do the hair conditioning.
5. Inversion method
Inversion method is another easy yet effective hack to increase the volume of your tresses. Inadequate supply of nutrients, blood, and oxygen leads to poor hair health. This amazing therapy stimulates the all-essential hair nutrients to the scalp which ultimately leads to shiny and strong locks.
How to do it?
- Lie down on your bed and hang your head downwards.
- Stay in this position for a few seconds until you feel a rush of blood to your hair.
Note - If you are a beginner then consider seeking the guidance of a yoga expert.
Daily scalp pampering is the secret to healthy, strong, and gorgeous hair. Ignoring hair health is probably not a good idea if you are already dealing with thinning, dull and damaged hair. Top trichologists believe that observing the onset of hair loss and starting the right care can restore the receding hairline and baldness. In addition, eating adequate vitamins, proteins, and many other nutrients is fundamental for best-looking hair. While prioritizing the things in the list of your desires, do not forget to keep a special place for hair taming. Hereby, look no further and follow these tips to keep your hair healthy and luscious for years.
In your journey towards beautiful hair, you should never undervalue the importance of your hair care products. Harsh chemical ingredients found in hair cosmetics have been recognized as a major risk for your hair. Silicones and sulphates are widely used ingredients in several hair care formulations, which are considered to cause long-term damage to hair. Strong surfactant actions of sulphate strip off all moisture from the hair strands whereas silicone obstructs the flow of nutrients to cuticles. It is always wise to use sulpahte and silicone free shampoos and conditioners for healthy hair. Long story short, by choosing your shampoo, conditioners, and hair masks more cautiously you can save your hair from a lot of unseen damage.