7 Easy Yoga Postures For Healthy And Glowing Skin
7 Easy Yoga Postures For Healthy And Glowing Skin
Frustration ensues when you are unable to regain your face glow even after trying countless things. Dull skin and tired skin seem to take a hit on your image and confidence. Well, you can reap the benefits of yoga to rejuvenate your lackluster skin and restore your confidence . Holistic approaches like yoga not only enhance your outer appearance but also help you to feel beautiful inside out. Even scientific evidences have mentioned the benefits of yoga asana, (postures), breathing, and practices (pranayama) in attaining youthful-looking skin. What’s more, yogic breathing techniques also contribute to mental well being and happiness.
Easy yoga asanas
- Sarvangasana- Shoulder Stand
- Uttanasana- Forward Bending Pose
- Matsyasana- Fish Pose
- Trikonasana- Triangle Pose
- Savasana- Corpse Pose
- Paschimottanasana – Seated forward bend pose
- Ustrasana – Camel pose
1. Sarvangasana- Shoulder Stand
It is one of the most effective asanas to attain healthy, glowing, and youthful skin. Sarvangasana involves your whole body parts. It helps in circulating the adequate blood flow towards your face, which saves you from early signs of aging, acne, and skin discolorations. Practicing this yoga asana on a daily basis is found to bring a natural glow to your face.
- Lie down straightly and slowly push up your legs to 90° angle.
- Try to make a straight line with abdomen, chest, and legs. Support your back with your hands.
- Stay in posture for a few seconds and do deep breathing.
- Release the hands from you and come back slowly to your starting position.
2. Uttanasana- Forward Bending Pose
It is also known as an intense stretch pose. Just like Sarvangasana, it also offers an adequate blood supply to your facial skin. This yoga also helps to improve your poor digestion process, which helps to eliminate the impurities from your body. Along with boosting your skin health, Uttanasana is also an amazing yoga asana to boost your hair growth.
- Stand straight and then exhale gently.
- Start bending down slowly from the hips (not the waist) and slowly touch your chest and stomach to your thighs.
- Try to keep your legs straight and hold your heels from behind.
- Slowly get back to your standing position after 30 seconds.
3. Matsyasana- Fish Pose
Fish pose helps to keep your skin healthy by normalizing the hormones in the body. Additionally, the benefit of this yoga asana is that it helps to tone the muscles in the area of the chin. Hence, it is a great asana for those who have a double chin.
- Lie down on your back straightly.
- Put your hands below your hips, press your elbows and forearms against the floor and gently form an arc by lifting your back and resting your head on the ground.
- Stay in this position for 15-30 seconds.
4. Trikonasana- Triangle Pose
This yoga pose stretches your various body parts including hips, back, arms, thighs, and leg, which stimulate the blood supply in the body. It also helps to relax the facial muscles, making your skin appear relaxed and rejuvenated.
- Stand straight and place your legs 4 feet apart.
- Keep your hands parallel to each other and slowly inhale air.
- As you exhale, bend down from below your hips and ensure that your waist and arms are straight.
- Do the same on the other side.
5. Savasana- Corpse Pose
A cross-sectioned study has demonstrated the effects of psychological stress in inducing skin problems. This super easy yoga pose helps to put your mind in a state of complete relaxation. It helps in calming down your mind, heart, brain, and nerves.
- Lie on your back and close your eyes.
- Keep your arms, legs, and toes in a comfortable position.
- Take attention to each part of the body. Start from the right foot and gradually move towards your
- Do not forget to maintain a gentle smile on your face during the whole process.
6. Paschimottanasana - Intense Stretch of the west Pose
This intense stretching yoga pose has myriad of benefits for your skin. In Ayurveda, poor digestive health is associated with dull and tired skin. Ayurveda experts say that practicing this yoga asana daily helps to stimulate the digestive fire, which ultimately helps in perking up your dull skin. In addition, it also reduces the appearance of wrinkles by improving skin elasticity.
- Sit down straight and stretch your both legs outward.
- Inhale and raise your arms and bend forward to touch your toes.
- Exhale while bending forward.
- Do it with ease 3-4 times.
7. Ustrasana – Camel pose
Along with strengthening your spine, this excellent yoga pose also helps to improve your skin radiance. It improves blood circulation and eliminates toxins from the body to attain bright and glowing skin. It also works on your abdomen region and helps to relieve the problems like constipation and bloating etc.
- Kneel down on the yoga mat and place your hands on your hips.
- Your knees and shoulder should be in one line and pointing toward the ceiling.
- Bend your body to touch your heels lifting your chest upwards.
- Breathe deeply and hold this position for a few seconds.
- Try it 3 – 4 times.
There is no secret that yoga is a way to happy and healthy living. However, inculcating a balanced and nutrient-rich diet in your yoga regimen has a big positive impact on your health. Nemours scientific research studies have also explained the impact of poor diet and poor skin care habits in causing dermatological concerns like acne. Kickstart a healthier lifestyle for the glowing skin you deserve.
Practicing yoga asanas correctly only help you to maximize the benefits for your skin, hair, and overall well being. Taking the guidance from a yoga teacher helps to perform the stretches and pose in the right way. Most importantly, if you have any kind of health issue, consulting your doctor before doing yoga is very important.