Top 7 Ways to Reverse Ageing Naturally
Phrases like “you look older than before” surely do not bring any joy to anyone. On the other hand, such comments make you feel so uncomfortable and conscious about your looks. Rebuilding confidence and self-esteem are considered one of the biggest challenges when you grow older. However, gone are the times when this being said that aging is a bitter truth and no one can do anything about it? Well, thanks to all-natural hacks and anti-ageing tips which have been found quite helpful to make you less susceptible to aging phenomena. New research suggests that numerous anti - aging strategies can help to improve skin health and reverse the signs of aging.
- Adopt an active lifestyle
- Eat a healthy diet
- Build a skin care routine
- Avoid Stress
- Nourish your under-eye skin
- Get Enough Sleep
- Try Meditation
1. Adopt An Active Lifestyle
Several research studies say that physical activity helps to retain youthful and healthy skin. Exercises help in the generation of a chemical called BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) which helps to prevent degeneration of the brain. Participating in physical activity is also associated to protect your body from many common chronic conditions.
- Choose friends who support and encourage you for exercise.
- Walk the dog - don't just watch the dog walk.
- Get involved in some physical exertion at home like cleaning the house or washing the car.
- If you are a dance lover then play your favorite number and dance like nobody's watching.
2. Mindful Eating
There is no doubt that a nutrient-rich diet plays an important role to reverse aging. Health care experts emphasize on the intake of foods that have anti-aging potential. Scientific research studies have claimed the benefits of plants based food in boosting skin cells and fading the early signs of aging. Vegan diet is a great source of flavonoids, polyphenols, and other potent antioxidants, which help to slow down aging.
- Eat nutrient-dense foods like fruits and vegetables.
- Consume whole-grain foods.
- Avoid sweet, salty, and highly processed foods.
- Say no to white sugar, white flour, white bread, etc.
3. Build a skin care routine
Determining your skin type and investing in right skin care products is a key to healthy and wrinkle-free skin. Mumbai-based dermatologist Dr Madhuri Agarwal also explains that there are mainly four types of skin (oily, combination, normal, dry and sensitive skin) that require the different type of care. For people with oily or acne prone skin, it is considered good to use a face cleanser with anti- acne and sebum control properties. On the other hand, AHA based face cleansers have been acknowledged as ideal skin care products for normal to pigmented skin.
- Use non-comedogenic products.
- Follow a night skin care regimen before going to bed.
- No matter what type of skin you have, do not skip moisturizer.
- Reap the benefits of vitamin C based toners.
4. Avoid Stress
Your dark circles, dull skin, and pronounced frown lines may be the result of cumulative stress. Chronic stress affects your looks terribly which in turn makes you look much older than your actual age. In the hustle bustle of life, do not forget the importance of mental health. Moreover, a calm and contented mind makes you glow inside out.
- Practice some relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing and yoga.
- Stay away from negative situations.
- Try to accept the people and situations as they are.
- Feel grateful for what you have.
5. Nourish your under eye skin
Thinner and delicate skin around eyes is considered the first victim of aging signs. With the time, skin begins to lose the elasticity and moisture content, which give rise to crow’s feet and deeper fine lines. It is pertinent to keep your under eye skin nourished and moisturized after noticing unexpected changes in skin structure.
- Opt for under eye cream containing antioxidants, Chenopodium quinoa seed extract, vitamin C & E.
- Apply under eye cream with your ring finger.
- Wear UV sunglasses during daylight hours.
- Do facial exercises.
6. Get enough sleep
Do you know that a regular beauty sleep can turn back the clock on aging? During sleep, the body undergoes the repairing process and produces greater quantities of estrogen and progesterone. These hormones boost your skin’s natural repair mechanisms, so you look more radiant when you wake up after a full night’s sleep.
- Avoid long daytime naps.
- Keep your bedroom dark and noise-free.
- Say no to internet surfing in bed.
- Try to minimize caffeine late in the day.
7. Try meditation
As you grow older, your telomeres get shorter which cause the aging of cells. Stress-relieving activities such as meditation have been proven to improve the strength and length of telomeres. In 2015, during a study, it was found that people who meditate have longer telomere strands as compared to those who were not involved in such activities.
- Start with 5 minutes for the first 10 – 15 days.
- Do it first thing each morning.
- Count your breaths.
- Don’t resist your thoughts because whatever we resist it persists.
In our early 20’s, we usually do not pay much attention to our skin care routine. Dermatologist Mona Gohara explains that wrinkle free skin in your 20’s also requires the skin care regimen. Establishing good skin care habits at an early age is a golden rule to attain youthful and flawless skin. Moreover, when it comes to skin care, starting early is truly a great idea.
Unprotected sun exposure has been recognized as one of the biggest factors in extrinsic skin aging. UV radiations from sun penetrate into deeper layers of skin for damaging the DNA and skin cells, which cause aging of skin. To protect the skin from sun, it is mandatory to wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen even if it is cloudy. Sunscreen acts as a barrier against the UVA and UVB rays of sun, which keeps you safe from photoaging, hyperpigmentation, and long-term skin damage.