From brightening dark spots to protection from UV rays and radicals, vitamin C has been touted by dermatologists as one of the essential ingredients in a skincare routine. It's a critical component in maintaining a radiant, glowing, and youthful complexion.
While you may be adding vitamin C to your diet through fruits and supplements, it's not guaranteed that your skin is getting the same benefits. The best way to ensure that your skin is getting the most out of vitamin C is to add it directly into your skincare routine through a potent, targeted serum or cream.
This way, you can reap all the amazing benefits that this powerful ingredient offers. Not sure how to get started? Here are three easy ways to use this potent ingredient without any fuss.
3 Easy Ways To Add Vitamin C In Skin Care Routine
Cleansers are a great way to start your skincare routine as they remove all of the built-up dirt, oil, and makeup from your face. They help prepare your skin to better absorb the other products you will be applying. Face wash formulated with lemon extract and other natural ingredients like sugar cane extract help in correcting hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone and rough skin texture.
How to use
Proper cleanser application is key to getting the most out of your skincare routine. Choose a non-irritating, gentle cleanser that is free of sulphates, or other harsh ingredients. Follow these simple steps for clean and healthy skin:
- Wet your face with normal water. Hot water can strip away natural oils, leaving your skin feeling dry and irritated.
- Apply a nickel-size amount of cleanser to your hands and apply it evenly to your face, without forgetting your jawline, hairline, and neck.
- Gently massage the cleanser into your skin through small, circular motions for about a minute. This will help to break down any makeup or dirt that may be on your face.
- Rinse thoroughly with water and pat your face dry with a clean towel. Avoid rubbing your skin as this can cause irritation.
Toners are another vital step in your skincare routine as they help tighten pores, remove any remaining dirt, oil, or makeup, and restore the pH balance of your skin. They also help soothe the skin, boost collagen production, and aid in moisture retention for a healthy, glowing complexion. When added to your everyday skincare regimen, Vitamin C toners can help brighten your skin, reduce the appearance of pores, and even out your skin tone.
How to use
Use your toner after cleansing and before applying any other products for optimal results. This will help ensure that your skin is properly prepped to absorb all of the nutrients and benefits that your toner offers. Here are the steps for healthy and toned skin:
- Cleanse your face with a mild and gentle sulfate-free cleanser.
- Apply a small amount of toner to a cotton pad or ball and apply it to your entire face through upward strokes.
- Allow the toner to dry completely before moving on to the next step in your skincare routine.
- Repeat this process every day, morning and night, for best results.
A serum is a high concentration of vitamin C designed to be applied directly to the skin. It's a quick and easy way to target specific areas of concern, such as dark spots, scars, acne, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Vitamin C serums can help improve your skin's appearance, even out your skin tone, and protect your skin from environmental damage. Unlike cleansers and toners, a serum offers quick and visible results with just a few drops applied to the skin.
How to use:
For best results, apply your serum after cleansing and toning your skin. Serums are designed to be applied directly to the skin, so you only need a few drops. Follow these simple steps for healthy and beautiful skin:
- Squeeze out a coin-sized amount of serum onto your palm.
- Gently massage the serum into your clean face and neck with your fingertips.
- Allow the serum to absorb into your skin for about five minutes before applying a non-comedogenic moisturizer and sunscreen during the day.
- Apply once daily in your AM regime for best results.
Important Tips to Consider Before Using Vitamin C
Although vitamin C packs a punch, it's important to remember that it is still an active ingredient and should be treated as such. When misused, it can cause irritation, tingling, and redness. To avoid any adverse side effects, here is how to use vitamin C effectively:
1. Before Anything, Know Your Skin Type, Read Labels
Like any other product, different vitamin C types work differently on different skin types. Some are better for normal skin types, while others are designed for sensitive skin. It's important that you know your skin type before purchasing a vitamin C product, as using the wrong type could irritate or damage your skin. The key is to read the labels and find the right vitamin C type for your skin. There are three different forms of vitamin C:
- Ethyl Ascorbic Acid - It is a water-based, non-irritating, and stable vitamin C type ideal for normal but not for sensitive skin types. At 15% concentration, it enhances collagen synthesis, reduces wrinkles, and can help brighten the skin.
- Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate - It is a vitamin C derivative ideal for oily/ acne prone skin. At 10% concentration, it can help improve the appearance of acne, scars, and fine lines.
- Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate - It is a fat-soluble form of vitamin C ideal for all skin types and excellent for a night skincare regimen. At 20% concentration, it boosts hydration, repairs wrinkles, and restores skin firmness.
2. Don't Layer too Many Vitamin C Products at One Time
Layering two or more vitamin C products at one time which come with high concentration can lead to irritation, redness, and dryness.
If you want to use two vitamin C products at one time in a regimen, make sure that one of the products must have a lower percentage of vitamin C in it. To avoid overdosing with vitamin C products, the best approach is to stick with vitamin C skin care just once in a day.
3. Don't Mismatch with Other Ingredients
When using vitamin C products, it's important to be mindful of what other ingredients are in the product. Different ingredients affect your skin's pH levels, leading to irritation. For example, AHA/BHA exfoliants have a pH of between 3.2-3.9, while vitamin C has a pH of around 3.5.
Using them together can lead to irritation due to the acidic pH levels causing skin damage. Retinol also has an acidic pH level, so it's important to space out their usage or use them in different parts of your skincare routine.
You can use retinol, and vitamin C in your am and pm regimen without any adverse effects. If you have SAP products (sodium Ascorbyl with niacinamide), you can use them at one time while the others can be applied at different times of the routine.
4. Wear Sunscreen Always
Using vitamin C and sunscreen together is a great way to keep your skin healthy. Sunscreen protects your skin from the sun's rays, while vitamin C helps repair any damage caused by the UV rays.
Because of vitamin C's antioxidant properties, it can help reduce the appearance of sun damage and keep your skin looking young and healthy. To protect your skin from the sun, always use sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
Try Vitamin C Today for a Brighter, Healthier-Looking skin
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can help improve your skin's appearance. When used in conjunction with a proper skincare routine, it can help brighten your skin, even out your skin tone, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
By following these simple steps, you can add vitamin C to your skincare routine and improve your skin's overall health and appearance. With the delicate nature of your skin, using high-quality, lab-tested products is essential to avoid any adverse reactions.
Re’equil offers a wide range of top-quality products that are safe and effective for all skin types. With a team of experts in the field, we are dedicated to providing the best possible products and services to our customers. Contact us or visit our website today to learn more about our products and how we can help you achieve beautiful, healthy skin.