How To Prevent Fine Lines Under Your Eyes
No individual can escape from universal phenomena called “ageing”. But ageing faster than your actual age is surely not a pleasant feeling. Usually, the skin around the eyes is the first place where you start observing the wrinkles and fine lines. Unquestionably, prettiest, radiant, and smiling eyes are regarded as one of the most beautiful gifts bestowed by god. Thus, there can be nothing worse than the feeling of seeing the creasing wrinkles around the eyes. Continuously encroaching about wrinkles not only gives the moody blues but also hurts the self-esteem. We understand how you feel deep inside.
The good news is that you have numerous ways to reduce the fine lines under your eyes. Top dermatologists believe that slight moderation in your daily lifestyle, rectifying certain mistakes, and the opting right skin care products are the ways to improve the signs of ageing around eyes. Various research studies have claimed that antioxidants, vitamins (C & E), and other essential fatty acids based skincare products work effectively to reduce the fine lines and wrinkles under eyes.
How to get rid of lines under eyes: You are yet to know the best solutions for wrinkles under eyes
- Nourishing eye creams
- Healthy diet
- UV protection
- Anti-ageing facial yoga for eyes
- Apply eye makeup with care
1. Nourishing eye creams
Zainab Laftah, a dermatologist at London Dermatology Centre, emphasizes the importance of nourishing eye creams for rejuvenated under eye areas. Including an under-eye product in your daily skin care regimen can help to improve skin hydration, elasticity, and collagen levels.
Important ingredients to look for in an under eyes cream for fine lines and wrinkles under eyes -
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA) – Benefits of hyaluronic acid for skin are remarkable when it comes to reverse the signs of ageing. A study published in The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology has also demonstrated the efficacy of hyaluronic acid in improving skin quality. It helps to keep the skin smooth, youthful, and radiant by locking the moisture in and preventing the water loss from the skin.
- Lumiskin - Lumiskin is known as a powerful antioxidant that helps to clear the dark circles, blemishes, and hyperpigmentation appear because of aging. It also helps to neutralize the free radical damage that happens to the skin from harmful UV rays.
- Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract – Various research studies have acknowledged the Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract as a potential skin care ingredient. It contains the fatty acids that help to keep the skin hydrated and plump by restoring the skin’s barrier functions. The presence of powerful antioxidants such as vitamin C & E helps in skin regeneration and rejuvenation. Another significant role of antioxidants is that they prevent oxidative stress in the body hence reducing the fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Healthy diet
To keep the crow’s feet at bay, start eating healthy. There is a famous saying that “you are what you eat”. Your eating habit says a lot about your skin health and overall wellness. Countless times, scientific researches have claimed that diet and aging have a strong connection. Nutrients rich diet helps to nourish, heal, and hydrate the damaged skin. Incorporating the foods in your diet, which are the good sources of antioxidants, vitamin A, C & E, and omega 3 fatty acids will surely help to add life to your lifeless skin.
3. UV protection
Optimum UV protection is a must to reduce and prevent the wrinkles around eyes and remove dark circles under eyes. UV rays penetrate deeper layers of skin and result in premature aging, fine lines, and hyperpigmentation under eyes. It is important to slather on sunscreen to protect the skin from potential damage. For delicate and softer skin around eyes, physical sunscreens are recommended safe and effective.
4. Anti-ageing facial yoga for eyes
Yoga science has some amazing tips for under eye wrinkles, puffiness, and eye bags. According to a study published in the Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge has also demonstrated the benefits of yoga in reversing the aging process. Several other studies have also claimed that diligent yoga practices help to improve facial appearances in middle-aged women.
You can do these simple exercises for crow’s feet and fine lines under eyes –
- Place middle fingers together at the inner edges of your eyebrows and place the index fingers at the outer edges of your eyebrows.
- Put a gentle pressure, look to the ceiling, and then relax.
- Repeat it a few more times.
5. Apply eye makeup with care
You will be surprised to know that your way of putting eye makeup can sabotage your skin around your eyes. New York City dermatologist Jessica Weiser also adds tugging under-eye skin may lead to more wrinkled skin. Rubbing and stretching thinner skin may destroy blood capillaries and collagen. Whenever it comes to dealing with the under eyes skin, do it with a soft touch.
The truth about wrinkles is that they do not disappear by themselves. With the progression of age, our skin continues to shrivel up because of decreased levels of collagen and elastin. To allay the more deep lines on your skin, you have to take the necessary action on time. Offering the optimum hydration and nourishment can help you to curb the wrinkles and crow’s feet. Kick start your under-eye skin routine with these given tips to flaunt the young pretty eyes.
Under-eye creams have been acknowledged as an effective solution to improve the fine lines and wrinkles. In today’s time, the market is flooded with under-eye creams and gels. The skin underneath eyes is ultra-thin and very delicate, so it requires extra care. Thereby, before buying an under-eye product you should be very careful. It is strictly recommended to buy products that are non - comedogenic in nature and free of SLS and parabens.