The chance to adorn those cozy sweaters during chilly evenings while sipping on warm beverages like hot chocolates and lattes are on the horizon. In other words, fall has officially arrived at your doorstep. However, much to your dismay, the chilly surroundings don’t necessarily mean good news, especially for your skin. Along with the transition taking place between the seasons, the air is becoming noticeably drier and so is your skin. A study conducted in 2016 explains that a drop in temperature can tremendously impact your skin by making it appear to be dry, dehydrated, flaky and dull. We realize that this can be worrisome and to an extent- dispiriting. However, leave your worries at bay as there could not be a better time to discover the amazing skin benefits of the delicious and scrumptious vegetable that fall brings along. You probably never thought “pumpkin” and “glowing skin” can be paired together. Although, apart from spicing up your eatables, this versatile vegetable also greatly benefits your skin.
BEST PUMPKIN REMEDIES
- Cinnamon and pumpkin
- Egg and pumpkin
- Sugar and pumpkin
- Lemon and pumpkin
- Rosewater and pumpkin seeds
1. Cinnamon and pumpkin
A study conducted in 1996 elaborates that the fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acid (AHAs) present in pumpkin helps in increasing the cell turnover, thus lending bright and smooth skin. What’s more, cinnamon along with pumpkin improves the moisture content of your skin while maintaining the pH level of your skin, thus preventing and combating acne.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
How to use it?
- Add both the ingredients in a bowl and blend them to a paste-like consistency.
- Gently apply the paste on your skin in a circular motion.
- Leave the paste on for 20 minutes before rinsing it away with water.
2. Egg and pumpkin
A delicious feast for your skin featuring eggs and pumpkin. Eggs are rich in minerals and vitamins, both of which are imperative to keep your skin healthy, hydrated and dewy. Studies show that eggs contain slight astringent properties that help to tighten your skin pores while regulating oil (sebum) production. Whereas, pumpkin is a powerhouse of vitamins like A, C, E, and numerous minerals and fatty acid. Together this dynamic duo protects your skin from free radical damage while helping you attain glowing and healthy skin.
- 1 full egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons of curd
How to use it?
- Blend all the ingredients together in a bowl to form a smooth paste-like consistency.
- Gently massage the paste all over your face and neck.
- Leave it to dry for 30 minutes before rinsing it away with cold water.
- Remember to apply a non-comedogenic moisturizer for hydration.
- Apply this mask once every week for best results.
3. Sugar and pumpkin
Believe it or not, pumpkin can be an incredible skin exfoliator. Numerous experts indicate that the combination of sugar along with pumpkin makes a powerful remedy to naturally exfoliate the skin. The sugar and pumpkin scrub allows to effectively ward off any dead skin cells, impurities etc., from the upper layer of your skin (epidermis). Furthermore, this natural scrub lends hydration and nourishment, thus rejuvenating your skin. For better results, you can always add some nutmeg powder in your pumpkin skin exfoliator. Studies show that nutmeg powder improves blood circulation while boosting your skin health.
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup of homemade pumpkin puree
How to use it?
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl to prepare a scrub.
- Gently rub the scrub on your skin in a circular motion.
- Allow it to dry for 10 minutes before washing it away.
- Repeat this skincare remedy at least twice a week for fruitful results.
4. Lemon and pumpkin
Pumpkin is enriched with the vitamin C, E, A along with zinc, niacin etc., whereas, lemon contains a strong dose of vitamin C. Several experts agree that these ingredients together make a dynamic pair. They not only brighten your skin complexion but also delivers optimum nourishment. Moreover, they help to balance and maintain the pH level of your skin by soaking up extra sebum while protecting it from oxidative skin damage.
- 1 small piece of pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of water.
How to use it?
- Peel the pumpkin skin and mash it into a pulp.
- Pour the pumpkin pulp in a bowl before adding lemon juice and water in it.
- Blend all the ingredients together to form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on your skin and leave it to dry for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off and gently pat dry your skin.
- For fruitful results, apply this mask at least twice a week.
5. Rosewater and pumpkin seeds
The tiny pumpkin seeds have numerous benefits not just for your skin but also your body. The pumpkin seeds are enriched with zinc, copper and many other antioxidants. Studies unravel that the pumpkin seeds help to combat and prevent acne and pimples. Aside from that, using these seeds in the form of a mask along with rose water lends a brightening effect to your skin. Many specialists indicate that the pumpkin seeds are one of the effective and natural ways to prevent signs of ageing like wrinkles, fine lines etc.
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of rose water
How to use it?
- Blend the pumpkin seeds in a blender.
- Add the pumpkin pulp in a bowl and dilute it with rosewater.
- Gently massage the pumpkin mask on your skin and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash the mask off thoroughly with cold water and gently pat dry.
Fruits and vegetables are one of the best gift of nature to humanity. Not only do they benefit your skin but your overall health. Packed with countless benefits, the pumpkin will surely help you in accomplishing your skin goals while helping to treat any skin problems. However, remember to conduct a patch test in advance to look for any allergies or skin sensitivities. If you start noticing any itching or burning sensations then we would advise you to immediately wash your skin. Last but not the least, allow yourself to take a breather to enjoy this alluring season and its offerings.
Top dermatologists explain that skin care routine plays a huge role in maintaining healthy skin. As a consequence, focusing on your skin care routine is crucial and beneficial along with trying out these natural remedies to bring your glowing skin back. Although, if you are not big on maintaining a skincare routine then you can always start with baby steps. In fact, numerous studies unravel that you only require three easy and basic steps, i.e. cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen in your skin care routine to pamper and protect your skin every day. These skin care steps help to balance the pH level of your skin, hence providing you with glowing and healthy skin.