Skin sheds cells all day, it is of utmost importance to have a skincare regime to keep skin healthy and glowing. Good skincare products work best when backed up with excellent and effective skincare ingredients too. A consistent skincare routine can help prevent acne, treat wrinkles, and keep your skin looking its best. It doesn’t matter how many steps it includes but applying the products in the right order will largely impact how your skin heals and improves. Read below to know how to build a skincare routine that keeps skin hydrated, refreshed, and healthy.
Perfect skin is a myth but progressive skin isn’t.
Skincare is not about beauty, it's about skin health. It isn’t a choice but it is essential. As your skin will shift age so shall the products too. For building a good skincare routine you need to follow the following steps -
Know your skin type first. Test which skin type category you fall into. Types of skin are -
- Normal skin
- Acne-prone/Oily skin
- Dry skin
- Combination skin
- Sensitive skin
To make skin healthy and supple follow these steps for a daily skincare routine -
- Use a non-comedogenic and mild face wash that has thorough pore cleansing properties.
- Opt for an alcohol-free toner that suits your skin type the best and that has ingredients like Witch hazel Extract, Allantoin, Esculenta Fruit Extract, etc.
- Treat your individual skin concern with a serum because it is in concentrated form and targets the affected areas well.
- To maintain the hydration levels use a non-comedogenic and hydrating moisturizer.
- Apply a broad spectrum sunscreen during the day and at night go for retinol.
The key to healthy skin is consistency in the skincare routine that contains the most effective ingredients according to your skin type.
Re’equil believes in progression, not perfection. Our products are formulated in a way to address individual skincare needs. We cater to providing sustainable and reliable results. All our products are dermatologically tested and scientifically made. The ingredients we use in our products are outsourced from 16 countries to provide you with the best. Build the best skin care regime with Re’equil from its wide range of dry to oily skin products.
1. What is the best anti-aging regimen?
Wrinkles, lines, and dullness are all signs of aging skin to prevent them look for products that have hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, ceramides, AHA, retinol, etc. They target early signs of aging and rejuvenate the skin making it look youthful and refined.
Follow these steps for an anti-aging skin care regimen -
- A gentle and sulphate free cleanser is what will give your skin thorough cleansing and remove excess oil and dirt.
- Exfoliate skin not more than twice a week and get rid of dead skin cells. Avoid harsh exfoliants that strip off essential oils from your skin and leave skin dehydrated.
- Put on serums that have potent antioxidants like vitamin C, peptides, and niacinamide as they will target your wrinkles, enlarged pores, and dull skin.
- Moisturize day and night with nourishing ceramides and hyaluronic acid, they work wonders on your skin.
- Apply anti-aging broad spectrum sunscreen to fight signs of aging and get that porcelain finish every morning.
2. What is a good skincare routine for oily and acne-prone skin?
It gets difficult to deal with skin that undergoes multiple skin concerns but following a good skincare routine would resolve most skin concerns.
Skincare routine for oily and acne prone skin -
- Use oil clearing face wash, day and night that is non-comedogenic, gentle, and sulphate free.
- Use a toner that has acne-fighting ingredients.
- Apply a serum that has niacinamide, Granactive acne, and peptides, as they work to regulate sebum production, encourage acne healing, and improve the overall appearance of the skin.
- Moisturize your face with a lightweight and non-greasy moisturizer.
- Use sunscreen which is specifically formulated for oily/acne-prone skin. Look for one which comes with low penetration filters and is free of oxybenzone.
3. Which products are best to fade away hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and melasma?
For treating hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and melasma, products containing ingredients like arbutin, niacinamide, glycolic acid, and vitamin C work best. These ingredients are rich in antioxidants and correct uneven skin pigmentation to give a radiant and glowing complexion as over-production of melanin is the main reason for all hyperpigmentation issues. These ingredients inhibit the excess production of melanin and also boost skin cell turnover. Most importantly, always apply sunscreen during the daytime because sun rays also trigger melanin production which can worsen the hyperpigmentation signs.