So you have a proper beauty regime in place, you use face wash, a scrub, moisturiser and night cream and under eyes cream. However your regime does not include toner. Is your makeup regime enough? What is it that you are missing on? If you are still wondering what does a toner do to skin, read ahead to find why using a toner is so important.
What is the purpose of a face toner?
A lot many people are not clear about the purpose of a toner. They wonder why an extra product like toner should be added to their skin care regime when they are doing just fine without it. To answer all these doubts it is necessary to understand the constitution of the skin. The skin has multiple layers and all products that are applied to the skin need to work on the multiple layers in order to be effective. A toner is a product that helps penetrate the skin’s layers and give you benefits that are actually skin deep. There are many great benefits of a toner. Some of them are highlighted below.
- Toner acts as a cleanser – A good toner is able to cleanse your skin. Sure, face wash and face cleanser also do the same thing but using a toner helps cleanse more than just the top layer of the skin. It removes even the toughest of eye and face makeup making skin completely clean.
- Toner helps maintain the pH balance – Toners are designed to maintain the pH balance of the skin. As we generally apply a large amount of products to the skin all the time from makeup to skincare, it is natural that the original pH of the skin gets shaken. Toners can help restore the natural balance of the skin.
- Toner helps with the pores – Our skin has lots of pores that need to be clean and moisturised. Improper skincare and other factors lead to these pores either becoming too huge or shrinking and getting clogged. A good toner will keep the pores clean. It will make sure that the pores are neither open nor clogged and are kept healthy.
- Toner also moisturises the skin – A good toner also has moisturisation benefits for the skin. It helps in keeping the skin properly moisturised and keeps dryness at bay. However, this does not mean that a toner can do the job of a moisturiser. A moisturiser has its own purpose and benefits and a toner can only add to those benefits but it does not replace the moisturiser.
- Toner also protects the skin – One of the most beneficial uses of a toner is that it protects the skin against any infections or bacteria. Toners are formulated to purify and sanitize the skin so it is very necessary to apply a toner especially after removing hair from the face.
- Toner refreshes the skin – Another great use of the toner is that it helps in refreshing the skin. It can be used as an after-sun treatment as it calms and refreshes the dull and tired skin. Thus, it is a must have for those who experience periods of long exposure to the sun.
- Toner helps prevent acne – A good toner will cleanse and purify the skin so well that the problem of acne will not arise. Thus toners are must for you especially if your skin is prone to acne.
Recommended Face Toner
For those who do not know how to use skin toner, let us help you. All you need to do is find a toner that is perfect for your skin and apply it daily after cleansing your face in the morning and the evening. Re'equil Pore Refining Face Toner is a must have toner as it is formulated with 9 botanical extracts namely Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera, Seaweed, Great Burdock, Ivy, Lemon, Watercress, Sage and Common Soapwort. These minimize the appearance of pores and help fight acne and other skin issues. This toner will help keep your skin balanced and even toned. Skin will be smooth and soft to touch. Invest in this amazing toner today and give your skin a fresh lease of life.