Oily skin makes one’s life terrible. It is mostly on areas which are exposed to the view. Oily skin is mostly imbalanced and weak. Moreover, it makes the person socially conscious because of excessive oiliness and shine. It is also responsible for causing acne and irritation.
Zinc PCA for skin is one of the best ingredients present in skin care products to treat oily/acne prone skin. Generally, zinc is used to normalize the sebum production and protect your skin from the acne-causing bacteria. Studies have also revealed that there are chances that Zinc PCA is an anti-aging active as well. Since it is an astringent and has anti-microbial properties, it is mostly used as an ingredient in cleansers. Zinc also protects from UV damage in keratinocytes and from fibroblasts in vitro and vivo. Zinc is known to reduce redness, produce collagen growth, reduce excess oil, and cure blemishes.
PCA, which stands for pyrrolidone carboxylic acid is an organic acid which is a predominant component of Natural Moisturising Factor (NMF). It is basically a salt which has moisturising properties to keep the skin soft.
Acne and zinc have been hand in hand since ages. There are various types of acne. However, the reason for acne is either excess sebum production or pores clogged with bacteria. Another general reason for acne is the dead cells clogging the pores. The effect of acne can be reduced by zinc PCA.
Benefits of Zinc PCA in Face Wash
1. Zinc for skin is very beneficial as it reduces inflammation which will make your skin avoid reacting to blocked pores due to which, there will be less acne. It reduces proliferation in flora.
2. It blocks DHT i.e. dihydrotestosterone, a component which is responsible for causing acne on various parts of the body by inhibiting 5 Alpha Reductase enzyme activities.
3. Zinc PCA in Face Wash, being an anti-oxidant, prevents acne from its very initial stage.
4. Apoptosis, which renews the skin cells by removing the dead cells, is also helped by zinc PCA to do its work more effectively.
5. Zinc PCA in Face Wash has healing properties as it is involved in the synthesis of nucleic acids and protein synthesis.
Re’equil offers an Oil-Control Face wash which has Zinc PCA for acne and is an effective and honest solution for oily/acne-prone skin as it is dermatologically tested, non-comedogenic, and has clinically proven active ingredients.