Exposure to ultra violet rays during summer accelerates the production of melanin in the body which subsequently leads to sun tanned skin. This whole article is based on how to de-tan skin with simple skin kitchen ingredients this summer.
Top 9 Home Remedies For De-tanning
Yoghurt is one of the simplest home remedies to de-tan skin in summers. This natural exfoliator helps to relieve several sun problems ranging from sunburn and discolouration to tanning. Yoghurt has lactic acid; an alpha hydroxy acid which helps to dissolves dead skin cells. In addition, it moisturizes underneath skin cells which help to diminishes fine lines and wrinkles as well. To know about the benefits of alpha hydroxy acids read here.
How to use
- Take plain yoghurt in a bowel.
- Take one cucumber and one tomato and make juice separately.
- Strain the juice.
- Mix the juice in yoghurt.
- Add half cup of gram flour to form a paste.
- Apply it on affected areas.
- Leave it be for 25-30 minutes then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Another alternative is to apply the mixture of orange juice and yoghurt on the affected areas.
2. Turmeric, Milk, and Honey
Turmeric is packed with anti-ageing and skin lightening properties that protect your skin against the harmful UV rays of the sun. It also helps to retain its elasticity of the skin and fixes the problem of dark spots on face. In addition, this wonderful home remedy for de-tanning also fights the acne-causing bacteria thereby controlling the development of pimples and acne. Let’s see how to de-tan skin with this wonderful home remedy.
How to use
- Mix ½ tablespoon of turmeric powder in two tablespoons of milk.
- Squeeze half lemon juice in the mixture.
- Apply this paste on your face and leave it until it dries out.
- Rinse your face with water.
3. Lemon Juice and Honey
Bleaching properties of lemon make it the best home remedy for removing the suntan during summers. It gently helps to remove the dirt, dust accumulation, and dead skin cells which ultimately give natural glow and shine. Similarly, honey acts as a wonderful natural moisturizer. During summers, lemon Juice and honey mask shields you from sunburns, scars, spots, and blemishes and ultimately offers natural glow.
How to use
- Mix two tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice into one tablespoon of honey.
- Apply this mixture on affected skin area, allow it to dry, and then rinse it off with water.
- Another effective method is applying lemon sugar mask on the skin. This combination speeds up the de-tanning process.
- Do it twice or thrice in a week for desirable results.
4. Honey Papaya Pack
This summer try honey papaya home remedy for de-tanning, blemishes, and sunburn. An enzyme called Papain found in papaya acts as a wonderful exfoliator and helps to dissolve inactive proteins and dead skin cells which ultimately offer you lighter and softer skin. It also helps to even the skin tone by reducing dark spots on face and blemishes on the skin. In addition, it contains beta-carotene, enzymes, and phytochemicals which work in a synergistic manner to promote the skin radiance.
How to use
- Take 1/2 cup ripe papaya with 1 tablespoon honey in a bowel
- Mash the mixture and mix it well.
- Apply the pack on your face.
- Leave it on for 20-25 minutes.
- Wash off with cold or lukewarm water.
5. Multani Mitti Mango Pack
Mango offers many benefits to the skin such as lightening the skin complexion, fighting acne, and removing blemishes on the face. It has another amazing ingredient Vitamin C which exhibits powerful skin lightening effect. Although, being a rich source of antioxidants it is quite good for healthy and glowing skin. It treats pigmentation and thus helps to improve skin complexion. Even several studies have suggested that beta-carotene helps to protect the skin from the ultraviolet rays. Read the below-given instructions carefully that how to de-tan skin with Multani mitti mango pack -
How to use
- In a clean bowl add mango pulp in it, and then mash it well.
- Add one tablespoon of fullers earth (Multani mitti) in it.
- Blend this mixture well with the spoon until it turns smooth and creamy.
- Apply this mask for 10-15 minutes, and then rinse off with water.
- It is one of the most promising home remedies for de-tanning.
6. Green Tea
Green tea is considered healthiest beverage on this planet and mostly known for its metabolism boosting properties. However, its local application is extremely effective against sunburn, dark spots, and tanning. Being packed with antioxidants and numerous minerals, green tea restores the skin cells and treats the skin tan. In addition, the cooling effect of green tea works well in removing under eyes dark circles.
How to use
- Boil some green tea and allow it to cool.
- Apply it on your face, leave it for 10 minutes, and wash off your face.
- Another alternative option is to keep some green tea bags in the freezer. Apply this on the face and leave it for some time.
- Use of this home remedy is quite effective to clear the dark spots on the skin.
Topical application of potato home remedy for de-tanning is quite beneficial. It is the great source of vitamin C which acts as a natural bleaching agent. It acts as a natural skin lightening agent which helps to lighten the skin complexion. Here’s how to de-tan skin procedure -
How to use
- Take two-three medium-sized potatoes and wash them properly.
- Peel them off and cut into chunks.
- Blend them to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected skin area.
- Let it dry for about 25- 30 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- For quick and best results, one can add lemon juice to the potato paste before applying it.
8. Turmeric and Bengal Gram Flour Pack
This superb home remedy for de-tanning has two major ingredients i.e. Turmeric and Bengal gram flour. Being packed with antioxidants, turmeric exfoliates the dead cells and removes sun tan, whereas gram flour offers wonderful de-tanning and brightening effects to the skin.
How to use
- Mix two tablespoons of the Bengal gram flour with a ½ tablespoon of turmeric.
- Add some and one tablespoon of rose water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the tanned skin leaving it for about 20 minutes.
- Wash your face with cold water.
9. Tomato, Aloe vera, and Masoor Dal Face Pack
Tomato acts as an astringent and natural bleaching agent that helps to revive dull skin. It is the great source of vitamins C and A, which work like wonder to clear dark spots on face and bring back radiance and glow to the skin. In addition, tomatoes help in skin hydration to give shine. Tomato, Aloe vera, and Masoor dal face pack is a super secret that how to de-tan skin.
The aloe vera gel is a great home remedy for irritated and sunburnt skin. In other words, it is the best coolant for the skin which has been exposed to the sun for a long period of time.
Masoor dal or red lentils have many necessary nutrients for the skin. In addition, being a great source of proteins it helps to rejuvenate and revive dull skin. It also helps to remove hyperpigmentation which ultimately gives you fairer and glowing skin. Hence, tomato, aloe vera, and masoor dal face pack can be the best competitor to all home remedies for de-tanning.
How to use
- Soak 2 tablespoons of masoor daal in water for 20 minutes and after that grind it to make a paste.
- Add one tablespoon of aloe vera pulp and tomato puree into the paste.
- Mix it well and apply this pack on your face and leave it for 25- 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
Tips for Dark Spots on Face after Tanning
Above, we have discussed how to de-tan the skin but what if tanning has caused dark spots. Sun exposure not only causes the skin to become tanned, but its ultraviolet rays can lead to dark patches or pigmented skin. This happens due to the uneven distribution of melanin. Hence, people come with another concern that what is there to treat the dark spots on face after tanning. Here are some post tanning tips -
Neem face pack
- Take a handful of neem leaves and wash them properly.
- To make a paste, add some rose water to grind these leaves.
- Apply this pack on dark spots on face and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Soak the almonds for 7-8 hours, then grind them to a fine paste using milk.
- Add honey and lemon juice into this paste.
- Apply this pack on the pigmentation marks before going to bed.
- Next morning, wash the almond mask off with cold water.
Sandalwood face pack
- Make a fine powder of sandalwood.
- Add glycerin and rosewater to the sandalwood powder.
- Make a paste and apply generously on the face.
All of the above-given home remedies for tanning would definitely help to remove sun tan and dark spots on face after a specific period of time. Skin care is a habit and it requires consistency to see the desired results. So, be patient during the whole how to de-tan skin care regimen. In addition, summer is the hottest weather of the year, so to stay happy and healthy, drink plenty of water, include antioxidants in your diet, take cold water showers, and exfoliate your body.