Top 5 Benefits of mango for skin
Irresistible fragrance and sweet taste of mango is a pure joy in the scorching heat of summers. This yum – yum fruit not only satiates your taste buds but also acts as a nutritional punch for your skin. Owing to the high levels of vitamin A, C & E, fibres, polyphenols, selenium, iron, and carotenoids found in mango, it benefits in maintaining your skin’s well being. Let us see the core benefits of mango for skin in detail here:
1. Fights Acne
People with oily skin wonder if mango causes acne. However, the little known fact is that vitamin B2 and B6 present in mango help to combat acne. Vitamin B6 is known to reduce excessive sebum secretion and prevent clogging of pores. Whereas, high magnesium levels in mango help to control the excess oil from developing a layer on the skin. Its astringent and anti-bacterial properties keep your skin clean and prevent the formation of acne or blackheads.
Mango pulp, curd and fuller’s earth combination is considered good for people with oily skin.
- Extract pulp from a ripe mango.
- Mix it with 3 tsp of fuller’s earth (multani mitti) and one tsp of curd.
- Apply this mask on face and keep it for 15 mints.
- Wash it off your face with plain water.
2. Skin exfoliation
Mango also possesses wonderful exfoliating properties. Not only its pulp brings goodness to your skin but the peel of the fruit is also full of skin benefits. The skin of the mango contains alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA). AHA offers remarkable benefits to your skin. It helps to clear off dull and rough skin, thereby revealing a new skin layer.
You can make your own AHA mango face mask at your home.
- Gently peel off the skin away from properly washed mango.
- Rub the soft yellow inside of mango all over the face.
3. Prevents wrinkles
Vitamin A and C in mango boosts collagen production. Being a great source of antioxidants, it reduces the free radical damage that prevents cell death and early aging of the skin. Topical benefits of vitamin C for skin are incredible.
Vitamin C also helps to reduce the damage caused by UV rays. Besides, mango contains vitamin B2 that revitalizes the skin by promoting a healthy number of skin cells.
For a toned and wrinkle-free skin, here is a wonderful mango facial pack.
- Take 2-3 tablespoon of mango pulp and 1 egg white.
- Blend these ingredients well to make a smooth pack.
- Apply it all over your face the face and let it dry.
- Then wash your face with cold water.
4. De- tan Skin
Applying a mango mask can help brighten up your complexion even in the strong summer heat. Mango comprises of Vitamin A, copper, and beta-carotene that works effectively to repair the skin damage by sun. It has been found that topical use of mango helps to reduce hyperpigmentation, dark spots, blemishes, and uneven skin tone caused by UV spectrum. Antioxidants and Vitamin C present in mango offer a radiant glow to your skin. So always remember that summer is not only the best time to eat mango, but also to prevent your skin from sun tan with a mango facemask. If you are looking for the easiest ways to de - tan skin, then give a try to mango face mask.
Mango, Besan (gram flour), ground walnut and honey make a perfect blend to keep your skin tan free in summers. To make this mango tan removal mask at home read below.
- Take ripe mango pulp in a bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of besan, half teaspoon of honey and groundnuts.
- Mix the ingredients well and apply the paste all over your face.
- Let it dry for 10-15 minutes, then rinse it off with water.
5. Skin hydration
Not only gulping a mango shake will help you maintain healthy skin, but a mango face pack also offers soft, supple, and smooth skin. Vitamin B3, Vitamin E, and potassium present in mango help to keep the moisture locked in your skin layers. Summers are here and don’t ignore the importance of skin hydration.
Try this mango and avocado mask to keep your skin hydrated this summer.
- Cut mango & avocado in pieces and blend together.
- Add honey to this mixture.
- Apply this paste on your face and neck.
- Let it dry and then wash it off with plain water.
Mango is full of flavor and numerous benefits for your skin, hair, and complete well being. Now that you know the importance of mango, enjoy these summer fruit & embrace a smoother, tender, and glowing skin. It’s time for summer mango madness !