How To Remove Dark Spots Caused By Pimples On Face
Believe us when we say that life can become much easier when you’re happy in your own skin. But what happens when you find it difficult to love the skin you’re in because of pimples and the dark spots? Whenever you get a pimple, it tends to leave behind a dark spot on your skin. We understand that this can surely be frustrating, to say the least; however, it isn’t very uncommon. While you may believe that you can only get dark spots caused by pimple on the face to a particular age, these pesky acne marks can be hormonal, making them appear on your face at any time. Aside from these pimples leaving behind dark spots these also tend to put a dent on your confidence. We have just the answers to your worry incase this has left you questioning ‘how to fade dark spots’ or ‘how to remove acne naturally’. A study conducted by the Indian Dermatology Online Journal claims that there are several natural ingredients and vitamins that can efficiently help you curb your dark spots. This is why we have concocted some of the best information to ease your worry.
How are dark spots caused?
When there’s excessive production of melanin on your skin, it can lead to hyperpigmentation or dark spots. But there are certain factors that can play a major role in causing skin pigmentation and dark spots, such as:
- Hormonal balances
- Effects of excessive sunlight
- Heavy medication
Pimples are considered as one of the main cause of dark spots. As a pimple heals, your body tends to produce cells which contains too much melanin in them to replace the damaged skin. The excess of melanin leads to dark spots.
2. Hormonal imbalances
Hormonal disturbances are a significant cause for acne and dark spots. There are fluctuations between estrogen and progesterone, especially during the menstrual cycle. There are several hormones that increase oil production in your skin that may lead to the creation of dark spots and acne.
3. Effect of excessive sunlight
Sunlight can be a direct cause for dark spots and acne. Various studies claim that the ultraviolet rays emitted can give rise to inflammation and make your skin sensitive to sunlight. Avoid stepping out in the sun, as much as possible, in between 10 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen and full-sleeved clothing before leaving your home.
4. Heavy medication
Sometimes, medications tend to have an impact on the skin, which in turn, causes dark spots. Resorting to anti-inflammatory drugs, tetracyclines, and other psychotropic drugs can increase the production of melanin. This, in turn, may lead to acne scars on the face and oily skin.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF DARK SPOTS?
Dark spots aren’t just one of a kind; for those of you who aren’t aware, there are different types of dark spots that can cause havoc on your skin in various ways. So before you look for ways to fade acne scars or any treatment for dark spots on face, it’s better to understand the kinds of dark spots that affect your skin.
1. Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
This condition occurs after your skin gets damaged or irritated due to an excess amount of melanin in new cells. It is also caused due to severe skin conditions like burns, acne, and other problems. Several studies include that skin of colour has more pigment (melanin) which leads to more of a chance of Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH).
Typically occurring on the face, Melasma is a skin condition that causes hyperpigmentation. Various pieces of researches state that this condition is mainly due to hormonal inconsistencies, which is why it’s more prevalent during pregnancy and menopause.
Also referred to as freckles, Lentigines is a common pigmentation condition. Lentigines are primarily caused due to sun exposure and are said to be more prevalent in individuals above the age of 60.
HOW TO REMOVE ACNE NATURALLY - WHAT ARE THE BEST TREATMENT FOR DARK SPOTS ON FACE?
1. Can turmeric fight severe skin problems like acne?
Looking to enhance your complexion and fight severe skin problems like acne and dark spots? Why look far when you have the best solution in your kitchen—Turmeric. Turmeric is a magical ingredient, which not only adds taste to the food items but also has a host of medicinal properties. Recent studies claim that turmeric contains curcumin that is an antioxidant and reduces acne with its anti-melanogenic effects while leaving a glow on your skin.
How to use it?
- Add turmeric powder to some drops of water and make a thick paste.
- Gently apply it on your face.
- Allow it to stay for 20-30 minutes and rinse it off.
2. Is lemon juice one of the effective remedies to treat your dark spots?
Another ingredient straight from the kitchen that’s one of the best remedies for dark spots is lemon juice. Considered to be one of the natural and inexpensive treatments for acne and dark spots, lemon juice is an effective skincare treatment. A study indicates that lemon being a great source of vitamin C offers incredible benefits to skin, hair, and health as it promotes healthy and rejuvenated skin. For those of you who don’t know, lemon juice is slightly astringent that works on the skin to reduce excessive oil. Including flavonoids and antioxidants—lemon juice is anti-bacterial.
How to use it?
- Pour a teaspoon of lemon juice and two teaspoons of water in a bowl.
- Use cotton to dab it on your skin, especially the acne-affected areas.
- Rinse it off gently with cold water.
3. How can parsley keep your skin refreshed and curb acne troubles?
Rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin K, parsley reduces pigmentation scars and dark spots. Parsley also contains antiseptic and anti-fungal properties that can work wonderfully on zits, and Vitamin C gives rise to collagen that keeps your skin refreshed, reduces acne, spots, and wrinkles. Several pieces of research state that the skin lightening properties in parsley can treat skin conditions like epidermal melasma.
How to use it?
- Blend 6-7 parsley leaves in a blender or a food processor to make a paste.
- Apply this paste onto your skin.
- Allow it to sit for 20-30 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
4. Can cucumber stop the re-emergence of acne and dark spots?
A study conducted explains that cucumber comprises 96% water, which automatically offers great hydration for your skin. Using cucumber is suitable for sensitive skin as it doesn’t include harsh properties. With silica-rich compounds and antioxidants, cucumber can reduce the re-emergence of acne and dark spots.
How to use it?
- Chop one cucumber into pieces before blending it in a blender or a food processor until it has a paste-like consistency.
- Apply this cooling paste on the affected areas of your skin.
- Let it dry for 30 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
5. How to use papaya on your skin to reduce dark spots and acne?
Top dermatologists state that along with natural bleaching properties, papaya can lighten the acne and dark spots present on your skin. A blend of vitamin C and other antioxidants—papaya enhances collagen production and stops irregular skin pigmentation. Papaya cleanses oil and dirt from the skin and then evens the skin tone to give you healthier, smoother, and shinier skin. There are dermatologically-tested and non-comedogenic cleansers and scrub that unblock pores and wash away the impurities, which in turn, reduce acne breakouts.
How to use it?
- Peel and chop two slices of papaya and remove its seeds.
- Blend these pieces of papaya in a blender or a food processor until it has a paste-like consistency.
- Apply the paste on your skin and allow it to sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off the paste followed by applying non-comedogenic moisturizer to keep your skin soft.
6. Can sandalwood heal dark spots and acne?
It is no secret that Sandalwood, better known as ‘Chandan’ contains antiseptic properties. Since it has healing properties, it is natural that sandalwood can also heal dark spots and acne. Include sandalwood in your daily beauty regime, which will improve blood circulation by eliminating acne, blemishes, and dark spots.
How to use it?
- Mix one teaspoon of sandalwood powder and orange juice in a bowl.
- Stir till you get a lump-free, smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your skin; let it stay for around 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water and gently pat dry.
7. How can buttermilk benefit your skin and decrease acne breakouts?
You finish your meal with a refreshing glass of buttermilk, so why not end your day with buttermilk for your face? Loaded with benefits, not many are aware of what buttermilk can do for the skin. Rich in lactic acid, buttermilk works rigorously on the skin to fade dark spots and remove unnecessary dead skin. Deeply cleanse the skin and get the right glow for the skin by applying buttermilk to it.
How to use it?
- Pour half cup of buttermilk in a bowl.
- Apply it on the affected areas of your skin with the help of a cotton ball.
- Allow it to rest for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
It’s time to face your acne fears — quite literally. Initially, dark spots may seem harmless. But as time goes by, it can cause great irritation to the skin. Although natural home remedies for the skin may take time to show results, they are highly effective in the long run. Don’t let the spots stop you from seizing the day and transforming it into a wonderful one. So, without further delay, use these best home remedies to remove dark spots caused by pimples on your face and thank us later.
Now that you are well versed with all the ways you can naturally treat your skin; it is only pivotal to understand the importance of topical treatment for your dark spots. These topical treatments help to treat hyperpigmentation, dark spots and melasma while making your skin radiant. Pterocarpus Marsupium extract, AHA, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit/ are some useful ingredients present in these treatments that brighten your skin while effectively treating your dark spots.